[mapserver-users]

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Nov 8 10:55:50 EST 2002

Sven Jacobi wrote:

> I read several times about a QUERY OBJECT.
> I can't find it in my mapfile reference!?
>
> Can anyone give me an example hoe to define such
> an object.

The QUERY object has been removed in MapServer 3.5 (or before 3.5, not
sure).

Anyway, the QUERY functionality has been moved to the CLASS object.  So
basically to make a layer queriable, you need to set the TEMPLATE
parameter in the CLASS objects, and every CLASS that carries a TEMPLATE
value will be queriable (i.e. shapes that match that class' expression
will be queriable).

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca