[mapserver-users] Associating Postgresql data with shapes from a shapefile

Paul Smith paul at cnt.org
Fri Nov 8 17:15:53 EST 2002

I have a shapefile with DBF, using PHP mapscript. I want to pull in
data from a Postgresql database query that I can associate with shapes
in the shapefile using an index that's in the DBF. The purpose is then
to be able to use the new data in the "setExpression" method of a layer
class. What's the best way to do this? I want to do this on the fly
without creating a new shapefile/DBF, the main reason being I want to
keep the data in the Postgresql database.

--
Paul Smith <paul at cnt.org>
Center for Neighborhood Technology