[mapserver-users] Debian ?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Sun Nov 10 22:48:04 EST 2002

Hello,

There are detailed instructions for building PHP/Mapscript
under Debian on the Wiki.

I just installed PHP using apt and then inserted my manually built
PHP (using system regex). It's a very small change and if you do it
correctly, you won't break package management/dependancies.

I believe Paul Baker has debs that will build a CGI PHP install that
uses the system regex. That would be even neater. You may also want
to add deb-src entries to your sources.list and build your own PHP
package by changing the build rules.

Antti