[mapserver-users] how does swig work?

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Nov 13 21:54:12 EST 2002

Perl gurus,

I am trying to understand where swig comes into the picture. When I
configure/make mapserver, a bunch of perlvars get generated. The
Makefile.PL uses these perlvars to generate the make file. Where does
swig come in the picture? I don't have swig on my machine. Is mapserver
already swigged?

I want to understand this because -- (1) for the heck of it; (2)
experiment with new versions of swig (well, I really don't know what I
am talking about -- I really would like to experiment with the new
version of perl 5.8.0, if possible.

Tia,

pk/