[mapserver-users] how does swig work?

Joe Bussell joe at otsys.com
Thu Nov 14 11:03:31 EST 2002

I had fun getting PERL 5.8 working with mapserver.  I offer the
following snippet from an earlier post which may save you some
headaches:

The interface code in mapscript_wrap.c is broken for PERL 5.8.

Specifically, the macro XS(boot_mapscript) must be declared if the PERL
object is not declared.  In my world line 431 which reads
SWIGEXPORT(void) boot_mapscript(CV* cv);

should be replaced with

XS(boot_mapscript);

--

Cordially,