[mapserver-users] Mapscript alternatives

Thomas, Cord cthomas at rand.org
Mon Nov 18 11:58:31 EST 2002

Ryan

Given the history of Mapscript and the mapserver community, i encourage you
to use PHP as this has been most widely used.  Given that you have limited
experience in development, this is probably the best choice.  My personal
desire is to see a wider variety of scripting and development efforts, such
as Java, VBScript (ASP, shudder), etc - but until that day, i would suggest
PHP - there are many examples available and many of the participants in this
list can help.

Cord