[mapserver-users] Geocoding server

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at propertykey.com
Mon Nov 18 17:33:08 EST 2002

Jackson Harper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a geocode server, I've heard rumors of an OSS Geocode
> Server but have not been able to find anything. Can anyone send me a link?

If you're willing to do a little hacking to get it to work in your
application, you can look into Daniel Egnor's geocoder that won the
Google programming contest a while back.  It geocodes based on TIGER
files (you can download them from the Census Bureau web site) & I'm
pretty sure it's GPL.  You can download the code at
http://ofb.net/~egnor/google.html

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com