[mapserver-users] abutters lists....

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Nov 19 16:14:09 EST 2002

Ed: Hey, it was worth a shot. Everything is square here.

I see two needs. One for a buffering algorithm (I've looked and haven't
found much of anything.)

The other is for a process to compute the distance between arbitrary
shapes. The point to vector
code already exists.

Anyone want to help?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> kevinflanders at rcn.com 11/19/02 11:40AM >>>
It's great to see so many reactions to this abutters list need....and
buffering seems to be the way to go.  I totally agree with Ed that
"close"
is not going to be enough....especially for legal abutter's lists that
are
subject to questions.

How would we go about addressing the code to open the door to this
functionality?

Kevin