[mapserver-users] Coordinate transformation in Java (latlong to LCC)

Jan Kunzmann kunzmann at masterplan.de
Wed Nov 20 10:40:02 EST 2002

Hi there folks,

I know this is a kind of of-topic question, but I really need help...

I need to convert lat-long coordinates to Lambert Conic Conformal (2SP)
coordinates and vice versa, as figured at
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/lambert_conic_conformal_2sp.html

I already found the PROJ.4 library being capable of doing this simple
conversion, but I need to do it in Java. I searched the web and found
some complex packages, but they are too complicated to understand for
me, and none of them is as easy as

(x,y) := convert(x,y, originlat, originlong, sp1lat, sp2lat)

Does anyone know where I can find such a class, or can send me the
algorithm (it's already on the remotesensing page but it's unreadable
for me...)?

Thanks in advance,
Jan