[mapserver-users] Raster pixel value

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 21 15:55:19 EST 2002

Brian Clark wrote:
> Is there a way, using Mapserver, to pick a point on a raster and return
> the pixel value? Such as elevations from a DEM?

Brian,

I don't believe this is possible within mapserver.  The current architecture
for rasters in MapServer is such that pretty much the only API interface
between mapserver and the raster support is the msDrawRasterLayer() call.
This is different than shapefiles where there are mapserver functions to
fetch individual shapes from a shapefile accessable from mapscript.

So, not it isn't available, and it would not be trivial to do so.

Best regards,