[mapserver-users] Mapserver and PostgreSQL

Martin Hoegh mh at svaj.dk
Fri Nov 22 03:16:51 EST 2002

Hi
You don't need to install PostgreSQL from source, you just need to have a installed source tree. Do a make but not a make install. This way you can use a rpm version of PostgreSQL an still extent it with Postgis. This works fine with SuSE 8 and PostgreSQL 7.2.

Remember to install the PostgreSQL development rpm.

/Martin