[mapserver-users] vmap0 to shape file

Emmanuelle bultee at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 22 11:01:31 EST 2002

Hi again, I have expressed myself badly set showing the world down to countries and administrative levels such as the states in USA, the regions in Brazils, etc. I also spoke of shapefile as I was told it would be the best format for size format.
thanks emmanuelle
 Emmanuelle <bultee at yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hi

I am not sure that anybody can help me on this, but I really need to find a solution as soon as possible. I am trying to convert the vmap0 from NIMA.mil to shape file. The reason behind this is I am trying to have a map set showing me countries with their political boundaries, as well as their administrative boundaries as for example Brazil, Russia, Japan, Argentina... with a smaller size than several meg. Unless someone could point me out where I could get such files, or would someone in the group have such files.

Many thanks

Emmanuelle

Yahoo! Mail -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !