[mapserver-users] MapScript with PHP --enable-debug?

Caffeinate The World mochaexpress at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 17:04:54 EST 2002

I encountered this same problem when I tried to put PHP into debug mode.
 Dylan Keon <keon at nacse.org> wrote:I recompiled PHP 4.2.3 with --enable-debug, then compiled MS 3.7 against
it, but can't run the MapScript module:

Warning: MapScript: Unable to initialize module Module compiled
with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=0 PHP compiled
with module API=20020429, debug=1, thread-safety=0 These options
need to match in /www/gis/phpinfo_mapscript.php on line 12

The MapScript module should indicate debug=1 since it was compiled
against PHP where debug was enabled, right? Compiling MapServer itself
with or without --enable-debug makes no difference. I need
--enable-debug compiled into PHP so that I can use gdb to generate a
backtrace, unless someone knows another way to do this. I'm following
the instructions at http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php.

Thanks.