[mapserver-users] Starange results- vmap0 to shape file

Emmanuelle bultee at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 26 10:15:15 EST 2002

At last we  got some results but we got this message. Not quite sure what the libref at libref(*)_line.shp corresponds to. Can anybody help on this?
C:\>ogr2ogr polbnda.shp gltp:/vrf/v0soa/vmaplv0/soamafr
ERROR 4: Failed to open Shapefile `libref at libref(*)_line.shp'.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer libref at libref(*)_line

 Emmanuelle <bultee at yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hi Frank,
There was some problem to use the ogr2ogr under windows. The command was unable to find the datasource [Unable to open datasource ] :-( joined the commands below.
I am also not quite sure how can I make sure that the dbf file contains certain columns- such as code ISO, country names, region names.
.\v0soa\vmaplv0\soamafr is the relative path of the data sources

soamer is at the same level as dht. and lat. files

T:\Projects\Analytix\02 Utils\Nima>ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" polbnda.shp .\v0s
oa\vmaplv0\soamafr
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `.\v0soa\vmaplv0\soamafr' with the following drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER