[mapserver-users] v. 3.7 release?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 26 10:55:59 EST 2002

John McCue wrote:

> Is there a time estimate for when version 3.7 might become the current
> version of MapServer?  There are a number of features that I would like to
> implement from v3.7 as soon as it is ready.

It's getting closer every day, we had talked with Steve about releasing
at end of November but it's not ready yet... I hope to see a release or
at least a very stable beta before Christmas.  This is just from my
point of view, Steve may want to add some comments.

BTW, the CVS version is starting to be in very good shape now, so if you
(or others experienced users on the list) want to help then you can
download the source from CVS (or nightly builds) and then try to port
your applications to 3.7 and report issues that you find via bugzilla.
The most imporant is to report things that used to work in 3.6 and don't
work in 3.7.

Also, if someone wanted to create and maintain a "3.6 to 3.7 migration
guide" (a Wiki page), that would help a lot too.  A good starting point
for this would be the file HISTORY.TXT in the source package, and a few
posts to the list:

About migrating existing PHP code:
----
http://lists.dmsolutions.ca/pipermail/mapserver-users/2002-November/042694.html

About the new 24 bits support:
----
http://lists.dmsolutions.ca/pipermail/mapserver-users/2002-October/042386.html
http://lists.dmsolutions.ca/pipermail/mapserver-users/2002-November/042854.html

About the new SWF Flash and PDF support:
----
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/FlashMapserverUserDoc.html
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/PDFMapserverUserDoc.html

Best Regards,