[mapserver-users] Postgres/Postgis on a different machine than mapserver

Klaus Zahradnik klaus.zahradnik at sysinet.com
Wed Nov 27 06:01:37 EST 2002

Hy there!
We have the following problem:

We have one machine with Postgres/-gis and Mapserver installed and running.
We also have a second machine, with only the Mapserver running on it. We
want the  second machine to use the database of the first one (since the
first one is way bigger).

Do we have to compile and install postgres and postgis on the second
machine, just to be able to use the postgis database on the second machine?
We tried just to connect to it, but get the unsupported error (sonce we did
not install and compile postgres/gis on the second machine)

best regards and thanks in advance
Klaus Zahradnik