[mapserver-users] Proj.4 - compiled in, but still not working

Klaus Zahradnik klaus.zahradnik at sysinet.com
Wed Nov 27 10:08:20 EST 2002

Hy guys!

I compiled the mapserver like 15 times today already. On the other server
the proj support is working like a charm, on the other one, I don't stand a
chance to get it to work.

Here is the config command:
./configure --with-php=/usr/src/php-4.2.3 --with-gd --with-png --with-jpeg
--with-zlib --with-tiff --with-freetype=/usr/share/doc/freetype-2.0.9
--with-proj=/usr/src/proj-4.4.5
--with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
--with-ming=/usr/src/ming-0.22a

Here is the message I get during configure:

checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support...
checking for pj_transform in -lproj... yes
checking for pj_latlong_from_proj in -lproj... yes
using PROJ.4 from /usr/src/proj-4.4.5.

Here is the error message from the apache-logfile:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  MAP_NAME in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mapserverdemos/plattform/htdocs/plattform.phtml on
line 66
PHP Warning:  MapServer Error in loadProjection(): Projection support is not
available.
in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mapserverdemos/plattform/htdocs/plattform.phtml
on line 69
PHP Fatal error:  Failed to open map file plattform.map in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mapserverdemos/plattform/htdocs/plattform.phtml on
line 69

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!
best regards
Klaus