[mapserver-users] raster layer

nida Khan nida at webstar.co.uk
Fri Nov 29 05:57:52 EST 2002

The Gurus,

I want to try out raster layer as my first layer and then add on layers from the database on my map.

when I do this
LAYER
  NAME "Layer_CIB"
  DATA "raster/tq38sw.tif"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  OFFSITE 0
END

it gives me this error
 readWorldFile(): Unable to access file. Unable to open world file for reading.

I've checked thousand times hte location of the file, I gave a absolute path as well, still invain.
strange thing is, when I remove the file from that directory it display the html contents but ofcourse without the actual map!

Please help

here is my mapserver -v
MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Regards
Nida.