[mapserver-users] QuerybyPoint blues

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Oct 1 20:31:09 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have also been having all sorts of difficulty getting queries
from point layers.

	@$map->queryByPoint($pointQuery,MS_MULTIPLE, -1);

So far I have tried several things without success:
	- Using the query point to create a queryByRect() that
	  defintely encompasses the query object
	- Increasing TOLERANCE in the layer
	- Adding dummy TEMPLATES to classes and/or layers

That it all works OK for line and polygon features suggests to me
that I have the syntax right. It's only point layers that don't work
and I don't see why/how they should behave differently.

Cheers,

Antti