[mapserver-users] How to project a shapefile ?

MOREL Stephane stephane.morel at vanoise.com
Wed Oct 2 12:52:28 EDT 2002

Hi list
I'm a newbie on Mapserver
I use Mapserver 3.6.1 / Suse 7.2
MapServer version 3.6.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
I wrote a small php script to create a shapefile filled with datas
retrieved from a relational database.
Differents users can query the database and i would like to allow them to
cartography their results through Mapserver.
The datas in the database is in latlong projection and all the rest of my
geographic database are in Lambert II etendu which is a french projection.
I found in the archive a post from Claude Philipona about this french
projection parameters.
I've updated my epsg file with those parameters.
The script works perfectly but I still have shapefiles in latlon projection
how can I transform the created shapefile in the french projection ?
In fact I don't know how to use projectionobj with Mapscript

Any help will be appreciated

TIA

Stephane MOREL
GIS manager