[mapserver-users] Cannot Query in Frames-type page...

Mike Smith nospam at cnrit.tamu.edu
Wed Oct 2 16:34:30 EDT 2002

Howdy Listers, it's me again.....

I still cannot get any of the querying functions to work within a
FRAMESET webpage.  I've got my page working almost perfectly now except
for the query feature.  I've got Javascript built in to my various
templates that display the individual frames as well as a large ".js"
file that I import.  I've got a very large (3400+ lines) MAP file and
all this stuff is interacting, so to use the process of elimination and
try to nail down my problem, I created a flat (non-Frames) version of my
web page and used the exact same MAP and .js files to display that
"flat" page and querying works just fine in that page, but the exact
same code does not allow queries in my frames page...I've compared
EVERYTHING and cannot find a difference.  I know, however, that querying
works in a frames web page, because I used
http://www.agso.gov.au/map/#national as my example.  There are two
mapserver-based frames web pages there, and queries work just fine, in
fact I copied the Javascript code from that page that pops up a separate
query window to display query results and that popup query window works
fine in my non-frames page.

Has anybody built a Frames web page using Mapserver 3.6.1 before who can
tell me what the key elements are that I should look at?  I'm at my wits
end and have to present this page in Washington D.C. to the Governmental
Agency that paid me to build it NEXT WEEK!  HELP!!

Here's my page:

http://cnrit.tamu.edu/maps/map_init.html    (Click on the one that says
"FRAMES VERSION")

Also, here's the link to the "flat" page using all the same source code
where querying works fine:

http://cnrit.tamu.edu/maps/map3_init.html   (Click on the button that
says "Test Map of East Africa")

Thanks again!