[mapserver-users] How do I make point bigger

Mike Smith nospam at cnrit.tamu.edu
Thu Oct 3 10:31:55 EDT 2002

You need to define a symbol (like a "circle", perhaps) and use that
symbol in your layer definition, then you can scale that symbol.  For
example, add this code to the top of your map file (just above the first
layer):

#
# Start of symbol definitions
#
SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
END

Then once you've defined that symbol, you can call it inside your layer
like this:

LAYER # States
  NAME "Punti"
  DATA staztot