[mapserver-users] Antialiased Lines in mapserver?

David Monterroso Cabello pyro-x at ixine.com
Thu Oct 3 07:22:06 EDT 2002

Hi there!

    I'm developing a *streetmap* application using mapserver, and
although i like the output i get, it still looks bad cause those jagged
lines. Is there any way to have antialiased lines in mapserver?, i saw
in some old posts that it was a GD matter, and that even in 2.0 versions
it still doesn't support antialias. Does somebody know if there is
another way to do antialiasing?. I tried to render  a double sized image
and then reduced it with ImageMagick but the results were awful.

    And finally,  a question for developers, would it be possible to
switch to ImageMagick for vector rendering?, that library render fine
antialiased lines  =), althought i dunno if it support everything
mapserver needs.

Many thanx

--
David Monterroso Cabelo