[mapserver-users] TRUETYPE SUPPORT

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Oct 4 11:34:04 EDT 2002

AFAIK - it works.  You need to set a few things in your mapfile, can you
send yours to me?  Here's the items:
FONTSET xxxxxx    - near the top of the map file points to a text file that
lists the font name and points it to a ttf file.
I set mine like this:
FONTSET "fontsets\fonts.txt"
I'll attach my fonts.txt file for you.  I also copy the ttf files into my
fontsets folder.(See attached file: fonts.txt)

In a label object set:
TYPE TRUETYPE

And then FONT xxxxxx  - based on the first column in the fonts.txt file -
i.e. arial

I chunk of my map file looks like this

LAYER
  CLASS
       LABEL
      FONT arialbold
      TYPE truetype
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
      POSITION AUTO
      COLOR 255 0 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
      PARTIALS FALSE
      SIZE 8
      END
  END
END

Does that help you out?

                      Toni Hernández
                      <toni at giscampus.udg.es>             To:       <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  [mapserver-users] TRUETYPE SUPPORT

                      10/04/2002 04:27 AM

hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the last 3.6.1 version for windows has TRUETYPE
support?
I don't think so because I get the error "Requested font (arial) not found.
"
If it doesn't where can I find one version with TRUTYPE support?

Thanks for your time and knowledge