[mapserver-users] WMS client, errors

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at agr.gc.ca
Fri Oct 4 14:54:09 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,
one of my applications makes use of a WMS layer from an external source.  The application has been stable for quite some time, but today something changed with a particular layer at the host of that WMS layer and my application had a WMS error appearing where the map should be, with my own transparent layers on top of this ugly error message!

Is there any way Mapserver can test a WMS layer first to make sure it is getting a proper image back from the host?  It would be nice to have some sort of test to ensure that users don't see ugly error messages from WMS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
D. Pagurek