[mapserver-users] Fontset generating perl script

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Oct 4 14:35:47 EDT 2002

While we're on the topic of fontsets.  I put a perl script up on the wiki
at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FontSet
This will create a fontset.txt file that lists an alias and the path name
(relative or explicit) that you point the script to.  It will catalogue all
the ttf (or TTF) files in the specified folder.  It works on windows and
unix - see the notes on the page for more info.  I hope I didn't recreate
the wheel.  Perhaps I should look at making it in c so it could be
distributed with mapserver to aid new users.

Syntax: perl make_fontset.pl <path without trailing slash>

Any feedback, comments or updates are welcome - do updates right on the
wiki page.