[mapserver-users] Antialiased Lines in mapserver?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 8 13:16:06 EDT 2002

Steve Lime wrote:
> A seperate IM interface could be added (maybe) but we'd have to think
> about that. At the moment each output type (i.e. GIF/JPEG/TIFF/SWF) is
> tied to a specific driver and both ImageMagick and GD can output the
> same stuff.

Steve,

Note that in MapServer 3.7 it is possible to have different drivers
producing the same output format.  The argument to the IMAGETYPE keyword
in the map file is not the symbolic name from the OUTPUTFORMAT declaration.

So right now in 3.7 you could have the following:

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME png24
   DRIVER "GD/PNG"
   IMAGEMODE RGBA
   TRANSPARENT ON
END

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME png8
   DRIVER "GD/PNG"
   IMAGEMODE PC256
   TRANSPARENT ON
END

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME png_gdal_8
   DRIVER "GDAL/PNG"
   IMAGEMODE PC256
END

And then select amoung them with the IMAGETYPE of either "png24",
"png8" or "png_gdal_8".  If ImageMagick was another output driver the
same mechanism could be used to select the driver to use to produce a given
file.

Best regards,