[mapserver-users] error building mapserver 3.6.3 on OS X 10.2

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Oct 10 10:36:30 EDT 2002

as a follow-up, I found the following in the archives --

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0210/msg00011.html
by Sean Gillies...

> I'm not sure about all your errors, but I recognize
> two of them.  You do not say so, but it looks to me
> like you might be trying to compile mapserver using
> gcc 3.x.  I've never seen the errors you report
> when building with gcc 2.9.x.
>
> 1) Remove /usr/local/include from your INCLUDE_DIRS
>    so that gcc doesn't complain about it.
> 2) The error
>
>    undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
>
>    tells you that you need to link shp2img using
>    g++ rather than gcc because one of your libraries
>    has C++ code.
>
> If you're not using gcc 3.x, please disregard my
> suggestions.

looking at my errors below, this seems to be a similar problem. I _am_
using gcc 3.1. I have no way of reverting back to an earlier gcc
version. Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

pk/