[mapserver-users] TIFF support

Manuel Marichal Pérez marichalperez at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 10 11:19:58 EDT 2002

	Hi all:

	As far as I know, in order to having TIFF support in an application, one
	must compile MapSever with TIFF library.

	I've got yet installed libtiff in my Linux system. When I execute
"configure"
	I can read:

			checking whether we should include TIFF support...
				checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes
        				using libtiff from system libs.

	But when I include a raster layer in my application I always obtain the
message:

	Warning: MapServer Error in drawTIFF(): TIFF support is not available.

	What's the matter?. Have to be GD compiled against TIFF?. But GD have not
TIFF 	support, haven't?

	Thanks in advance,
	Manuel Marichal Pérez