[mapserver-users] 3.6.3 Compile problems/errors

Steven Bowden steveb at bundaberg.qld.gov.au
Thu Oct 10 21:29:17 EDT 2002

Thanks for you help Daniel.
I found the problem was the same as what Jean-Francois was having, the
libmap.a file being in /usr/local/lib.
I deleted the file, recompiled and everything is now sweet.

Thanks again
Steve

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 01:17, Daniel Morissette wrote:

    > Steven Bowden wrote:
    >
    > Daniel,
    > I have got IMAGEPATH and IMAGETMP set in the map file.  Here is the
    > extract from my map file
    > WEB
    >   LOG /var/www/html/blis/blis.log
    >   IMAGEPATH "/var/www/html/tmp/"
    >   IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
    >   METADATA
    >     WMS_TITLE "BLIS"
    >     WMS_ABSTRACT "This is the BLIS (Bundaberg Land Information
    > System)."
    >     WMS_ACCESSCONSTRAINTS none
    >   END
    > END
    >
    > I changed the working path (/var/www/html/blis) to writable and it
    > then saved the tmp images to this directory even though IMAGEPATH was
    > was set to /var/www/html/tmp/ in the map file.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    > Steve

    This is very odd.  Can you check that you don't have a second IMAGEPATH
    further down in your mapfile?

    Also, try printing the value of $map->web->imagepath immediately after
    the call to ms_newMapObj() to find out if it reads the right value.
    Then print this value again just before the call to SaveWebImage() ...
    if the value is empty before saveWebImage() then it must be your script
    that changed the value somewhere.  If the value is still valid then it
    is likely a bug in MapScript and the best way to troubleshoot this for
    us would be to get a small sample app with scripts and data that
    reproduces this.  But since nobody else ran into that, it seems unlikely
    to be a bug and I would check for a problem in the mapfile or PHP script
    first.

    Daniel
     Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca