[mapserver-users] Dynamic web maps using MS Access

Homme Zwaagstra hrz at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 05:04:30 EDT 2002

> I do not know if this is a help, but i use MSaccess
> and ODBC to connect to a postgresql database.

We use this method as well to good effect; a pretty seamless and
transparent integration between Access and Postgres can be
created. See http://odbc.postgresql.org for the psqlODBC driver. With
a little VB, Perl, whatever you can make the process of synchronising
the Access and Postgres databases a 1 click (or automatic) job. If
security is an issue you can use an SSH client in conjunction with
port forwarding to create an encrypted connection as psqlODBC does not
yet support SSH. Check out the excellent PuTTY SSH client from
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ (specifically the
plink executable) if interested.