[mapserver-users] true type symbols ...

Igor Marinovic zi at manufacture.co.yu
Sun Oct 20 01:17:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm glad that the list is alive again.

I have the following problem: I would like to make lines of layer to
look like this:
------- n/n --------------- n/n --------------- n/n -----

My first idea was to make two symbols, one dashed:
SYMBOL
  NAME 'dashed'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
  STYLE 20 10 END
END

and the other, overlay symbol:
SYMBOL
  NAME "textover"
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT verdana
  FILLED false
  ANTIALIAS true
  CHARACTER "n/n"
  STYLE 1 23 END
END

with appropriate style.

After testing, it looks like that truetype symbol is not listening
the STYLE parameter:

the part of the layer is looking like this:
http://www.manufacture.co.yu/3.6-line.png
and with textover symbol it looks like this on 3.6.1 version of the
mapserver:
http://www.manufacture.co.yu/3.6.png
i tried the development version also, and the result was different!
http://www.manufacture.co.yu/3.7.png
(the colors are due to
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 182 182 182
and the size is:
     SYMBOL "textover"
     SIZE 20
)

questions:
- it this will be the normal behavior of truetype symbols in 3.7?
- is there is a chance to include the style parameter to the truetype symbol?
- i read something about offset parameter of the truetype symbols for the
  3.7 version, how things are going with this?

regards, and greetings from north of yugoslavia,

Igor