[mapserver-users] Can Load .TAB into PostGis

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sun Oct 20 13:00:08 EDT 2002

> Juanse wrote:
>
> using ogr2ogr for doing a mapinfo to postgis, i end up with the data
> but nothing on the wkb_geometry column.

Frank might not have worked on the OGR postgis data source in a while.

> if  shp2pgsql shape to postgis the wkbgeometry is named the_geom and
> the type of feature is Multipolygon and mapserver fails cause
> multipolygon does not exist as data type.

Sounds like you got it mostly done using this path (TAB -(OGR)-> Shape
-(shp2pgsql)-> PostGIS). Check your table to see if the geometries are
actually there, then start debugging the mapserver problem. It is not a
data conversion problem, and mapserver can definately render
multipolygon geometries, I guarantee it.