[mapserver-users] multiple mapserv executables

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Tue Oct 22 02:39:19 EDT 2002

OK, clear to me. No problem to call different php_mapscript.so's. Do I
understand the point, that I do not have to call different mapserv
executables, only the php_mapscript.so's? So a single mapserv version
3.6.2 executable could also serve version 3.4 applications if I call
dl("php_mapscript_34.so"); in the respective files?

Maybe I was somewhat imprecise in my first mail, but I don't want to
call mapserv via an URL, but with the 'imageObj draw()' PHP/MapScript
function.

Regards,
alex

Daniel Morissette wrote:

>Alexander Pucher wrote:
>

>>how do i run multiple mapserver executables on one machine?
>>
>>e.g.:
>>
>>/cgi-bin/mapserv_34
>>/cgi-bin/mapserv_362
>>
>>OK, I could do it via the URL
>>http://anyserver.com/cgi-bin/mapserv**?................ and address the
>>relevant executable,
>>
>>but how can I do it with PHPMapscript?
>>

>We do it by having multiple instances of php_mapscript.so in the PHP
>extension_dir called:
>
>  php_mapscript_34.so
>  php_mapscript_362.so
>
>And then your application code loads the copy of mapscript that it wants
>to use, e.g.
>  dl("php_mapscript_34.so");
>
>Daniel

Institut fuer Geographie und Regionalforschung
Universitaet Wien
Kartografie und Geoinformation

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS

Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48644
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649
E-mail: alexander.pucher at univie.ac.at

FTP: ftp://ftp.gis.univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto
Atlas of Eastern and Southeastern Europe: http://www.aos.ac.at

M$ is not the answer. M$ is the question!
No is the answer -- Eric Naggum