[mapserver-users] Meteorological implementations?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 22 17:06:56 EDT 2002

I believe this to be the case.  Specifically, what I'v envisioned is a
mapserver baselayer and core functionality as a mapservice, with weather
station sites overlaid thereon, as queriable objects.  I'd like to find
a way to update the station data as new data rolls in (temperature, dew
point, barometric pressure) as well as setting a wind barb character and
rotating same to reflect the direction

Specifically, what we're doing is creating the demo site for a "Mesonet"
or a statewide, dense network of weather stations reporting conditions
in near real time.  (Sean, look at www.mesonet.org for a well
established example.)

We're working under some time constraints that are some where between
ambitious and unrealistic to get an initial site up.  That's why I
decided to solicit some input here rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Office: 979.458.4020  FAX: 979.847.8578
Cell: 979.229.4301    Pager: 979.228.0173