[mapserver-users] lists performance

Ranga Raju Vatsavai vatsavai at cs.umn.edu
Wed Oct 23 12:38:40 EDT 2002

Hello All

Thanks to all users who responded to 'bonced mail problem' which degrades
the performance. We are using Majordomo software and it do have a program
to manage bounced mails (semi automatically). One of the parameters it
requires is the mailing address of the user. Well that is the problem!
to get address from bounced mail (about 500 messages/per day). My guess
is roughly we have 35-50 defunct users out 600 subscribed users. Some
of user problems are temporary and some are fatal. So if I can identify
these users (need some easy way of doing it - any help from you guys
is apriciated) then I can use bounce utility  to manage these users
separately (which will grately improve delivery times). I am providing
some sample bounced messages to help you give useful suggestions:

Note I am removing users-id and instead using xxxx and yyyy's (to maintain privacy).

1.
   <xxxxx at yyyy-com.email.com>
       (reason: 552 recipient storage full, try again later)

	  ... while talking to yyyy.yyyy.outblaze.com.:
	  >>> DATA
	  <<< 552 recipient storage full, try again later
	  554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
	  <<< 503 RCPT first (#5.5.1)
2.
Your message was not delivered to the following recipients:

	    xxxxx at yyyy.com: User unknown

		[ Part 2: "Delivery Status" ]

		Reporting-MTA: dns;cpmx.mail.yyyy.com

3.
The original message was received at Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:45:35 -0500 (CDT)
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

xxxx at netsitemail.com.br
    (reason: 550 <xxxx at yyyy.com.br>: User unknown)
xxxx at joelhq.com
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)
xxxx at mediaone.net
    (reason: 550 <xxxx at yyyy.net>: User unknown)
xxxx at marn.gob.sv
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <xxxx at yyyy.gob.sv>... User unknown)
xxxx at telus.net
    (reason: 550 Invalid recipient: <xxxx at yyyy.net>)
xxxx.xxxx at tietoenator.com
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)
xxxx at starss.net

4.
and several other types of errors ...

So I need help in identifying these users without opening my mailbox and reading
these mails to get email addresses. Please let me know if you guys are aware of
any tools/scripts that can do this job.

Thanks
Raju
----