[mapserver-users] virus problem

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Oct 23 22:15:20 EDT 2002

A few mapserver-users have received a virus-infected email from
voischev at greenwoodmap.com. I don't know exactly what's going on, but
apparently a mapserver-users computer has been infected, and is sending
these emails out with the subject line "Simple Question" and a DOS
executable attachment which propagates the virus.

I am the owner of the greenwoodmap.com domain name, but the emails are not
coming from any of my computers, (all 4 of them) and there is no "voischev"
at greenwoodmap.com. I have no idea where the emails are coming from and I
am pretty frustrated because it makes me look like a dork.

If you get an email from "voischev at greenwoodmap.com" please delete it and
its associated attachment. If you know more about viruses than I do, and
can offer me any advice as to how to track down the culprit, please tell me.

Sorry to waste your time and bandwidth with this problem.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
(307) 733-0203
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com