[mapserver-users] GDAL compilation error

Sandor Csaba c.sandor at emla.hu
Mon Oct 28 08:12:16 EST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to install mapserver with gdal support on a Solaris box
(virtual server, no root privileges). GDAL itself successfully compiles,
but mapserver configure script gives the following:
checking if GDAL support requested... yes, user supplied gdal-config
./configure: /home/emla/lib/gdal: cannot execute
./configure: /home/emla/lib/gdal: cannot execute

What is it trying to execute at this point?

My command line look like this:
./configure --with-gd=/home/emla/lib/gd
--with-freetype=/home/emla/lib/freetype1/lib/.libs
--with-jpeg=/home/emla/lib/jpeg --with-png=/home/emla/lib/libpng
--with-zlib=/home/emla/lib/zlib --with-tiff=/home/emla/lib/tiff
--with-gdal=/home/emla/lib/gdal

I had no problem compiling mapserver without the gdal option. I gave gdal
configure --without-python having no root access.

Any idea?
Csaba

-
{Kornyezeti Management es Jog Egyesulet
{Environmental Management and Law Association
{www.emla.hu
{1076 Budapest
{Garay u. 29-31
{Hungary