[mapserver-users] getAllLayerNames not working

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Tue Oct 29 18:36:13 EST 2002

folks,

I upgraded a sweetly working ms 3.5 to ms 3.6.3 and now things are not
working very well. One symptom is that getAllLayerNames() returns nothing at
all. In fact, so much so, everything quits but without any error messages!
The html output simply gets trunctated... nothing more is generated past
that function. Other, previously happy methods such as returning the extent
simply return 0.

My feeling is that maybe my php_mapscript.so is corrupt (or funky in some
other way). However, simple calls like $mapObj->name return the name just
fine. $mapObj->shapepath returned nothing at all (of course, it is set)

Is there a place I can look for errors? I turned error logging on in
php.ini, and even set an error log filename, but nothing is generated. Is
there a way I can determine that I have a kosher version of
php_mapscript.so?

Is there is something obvious that I am overlooking? I compiled 3.6.3
against php 4.1.2 (as a cgi) running on Apache 2.0.43. Perl/mapscript is
working fine, and php by itself is working fine.

tia,

pk.