[mapserver-users] Installing php on RH 7.3

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 29 22:03:34 EST 2002

Jonathon,

Thanks, good suggestion, but that is not the problem. I get the same
line number if I am trying to run a 3 line script or a 100 line
script. and if I manually run it like /var/www/cgi-bin/php -f
/var/www/html/info.php it runs just fine without any errors.

The error is because apache is asking php to interpret the
/var/www/cgi-bin/php executable and not the php script.

The original apache had php installed as a module, but I'm pretty
sure that I have disabled that by commenting out everything in the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file but the two line I want for cgi

But I have obviously run into a bug, config problem, or more likely I
just brain dead!

You are right on that the missing semicolon will cause that under
normal conditions, but .... I don't think that is my case. I wish it
was so easy.

The problem with being able to help most people with their problems
is that when I run into one it's usually a real doozy!

-Stephen