[mapserver-users] Defining Classes/Labels for contours

Michael Soracco Michael.Soracco at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 30 15:17:16 EST 2002

I've checked the archives and didn't see anything on what I need to do.
It's probably straightforward, but I haven't been able to figure it
out...

I have a Polyline shapefile where each polyline has a classified value
(i.e. Contour 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10).  I've tried the following to draw
the contours in different colors but have only succeeded in creating a
Legend Class for each level.  Is it possible to have graduated colors
for the lines within the same Layer Object?

LAYER
    NAME BATHY
    TYPE LINE
    STATUS OFF
    DATA bathy
    CLASSITEM "Contour"
    MAXSCALE 500000
    CLASS
        NAME "0 - 5"
        EXPRESSION "(Contour >= 0 AND Contour <=5)"
        COLOR 200 0 0
    END
    CLASS
        NAME "5 - 10"
        EXPRESSION "(Contour > 5 AND Contour <=10)"
        COLOR 0 200 0
    END
END

Thanks in advance for the help.