[mapserver-users] Defining Classes/Labels for contours

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Oct 30 18:03:45 EST 2002

there is no mechanism for creating graduated colors for a feature based on
class ranges. What you have done is correct.

If you don't want the legends to be created, just take out the NAME line
from within the CLASS definitions.

Hth.

Pk/

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Soracco [mailto:Michael.Soracco at noaa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 2:17 PM
To: mapserver
Subject: [mapserver-users] Defining Classes/Labels for contours

I've checked the archives and didn't see anything on what I need to do.
It's probably straightforward, but I haven't been able to figure it out...
I have a Polyline shapefile where each polyline has a classified value (i.e.
Contour 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10).  I've tried the following to draw the
contours in different colors but have only succeeded in creating a Legend
Class for each level.  Is it possible to have graduated colors for the lines
within the same Layer Object?
LAYER
    NAME BATHY
    TYPE LINE
    STATUS OFF
    DATA bathy
    CLASSITEM "Contour"
    MAXSCALE 500000
    CLASS
        NAME "0 - 5"
        EXPRESSION "(Contour >= 0 AND Contour <=5)"
        COLOR 200 0 0
    END
    CLASS
        NAME "5 - 10"
        EXPRESSION "(Contour > 5 AND Contour <=10)"
        COLOR 0 200 0
    END
END

Thanks in advance for the help.