[mapserver-users] displaying layers

Ivan Paoluzzi tesimap at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:14:44 EST 2002

Hi all,
I have this two layer with raster images.

LAYER
  NAME foto
  DATA "185160w.tif"
  TYPE RASTER
  MAXSCALE 50000
  STATUS OFF
END

LAYER
  NAME foto1
  DATA "185120w.tif"
  TYPE RASTER
  MAXSCALE 50000
  STATUS OFF
END

I use PHP/Mapscript an this is the section where I set STATUS if it's choose
with radio button in PHTML file.

$outLayer = $outMap->getlayerbyname(foto);
if ($HTTP_FORM_VARS["foto"])
$outLayer->set("status", 1);
else
$outLayer->set("status", 0);

$outLayer = $outMap->getlayerbyname(foto1);
if ($HTTP_FORM_VARS["foto1"])
$outLayer->set("status", 1);
else
$outLayer->set("status", 0);

And this is function taht return if layer is choose or not with radio button
in a PHTML file.

function GetStatus($szLayerName)
{
  GLOBAL $outMap;

  $outLayer = $outMap->getlayerbyname($LayerName);
  $nStatus = $outLayer->status;
  return ($nStatus);

}

This method is very similar that used in Gmap demo.

So I have a radio button for each layer, but I want an only for each.
I can use GROUP in map file and GetLayersIndexByGroup, but I have a problem.

Any suggestion?
Ivan