[mapserver-users] WMS Client?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 30 17:19:21 EST 2002

"Van Ulden, Joost" wrote:

> I have some questions about the WMS Client capabilities of MapServer.  Is it
> possible to create a map from both local and remote files.  It was my
> understanding that this was possible however I have been unsuccessful.  I
> get the following error when trying to load a remote layer:
> msDrawRasterLayer(): Unable to access file. chdir()

It is definitely possible to combine local data and WMS layers in a
single mapfile.  We do that a lot.

About the error you get, the only reason I can see that would explain it
would be if your mapfile contained an empty SHAPEPATH value, e.g.:

  SHAPEPATH ""

If that's the case, then you should either set SHAPEPATH to a valid
value or not set it at all.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca