[mapserver-users] Mapplet question

David McGaughey DMcGaughey at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us
Thu Oct 31 14:11:07 EST 2002

Yes!  jBox works.  Thank you!  And thanks to everyone else who helped.
Showed Lubbock's mapserver site to folks over at Texas Tech University
yesterday.  They'll be putting up a mapserver site in the future for
TTU.

Once GIS folks see a mapserver site - they are hooked. . .

David McGaughey
City of Lubbock, Texas
Personal Web:  http://mcgoy.plumbearcat.com

>>> "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> 10/31/02 11:49AM >>>
The problem is that java doesn't handle png files natively. So you
have
two options:

  - use GIF for MapServer output
  - hack the mapplet to use the SixLegs PNG library

I have a new version of the mapplet called jBox that does the same
thing as the mapplet
but just has standard naming for public methods. There is also a DHMTL
version of the
same code called dbox. Anyway I did hack a version of jBox.java to
support png and
you can get it at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/java/

There have also been other users that have done the same thing to
mapplet (it's really
quite simple to do) but I'm not sure where you can download it. You
might post that
question specifically to the list.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "David McGaughey" <DMcGaughey at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us> 10/31/02
10:02AM >>>

Greetings!

Sorry to always be a miner on this list, but I've a question about the
mapplet.  I put it on a page and all I get for the image is a grey
box:

http://maps.ci.lubbock.tx.us/test1.html

Any ideas why I can't get the map to show-up?