[mapserver-users] question regarding postgis

Grant Marblestone GrantM at ATSER.com
Wed Sep 4 11:36:29 EDT 2002

Howdy all,

so i have installed postgres 7.2 on my windows box and a linux box... no big
deal.... now i am thinking about using postgis.

I read thru the documentation and how to add a layer and i understand that
completly.  The problem i have is the database structure itself.  Can
somoene explain to me what the database has to have in it to create a layer
with x,y,z etc?  an example .sql file would eb most excellent.!

Thanks,

Grant