[mapserver-users] external links in a map

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Sep 4 12:24:34 EDT 2002

well, it may be a bit more complicated than that...

let's say I am mapping houses... and I want the resulting map to have an
embedded imagemap so that when I click (or, better yet, hover) on a house a
window pops up with some attributes for that house... in other words, I have
streamed the attributes along with the map all of it to the client. Since I
don't know where each house is going to be, I can't really construct an
imagemap. I mean, it can be done... its just not easy... I would have to
preprocess all the features in a result set, get their bounding boxes, and
then generate an imagemap from those boxes before sending all of it to the
client...

someone correct me if I am wrong.

pk/