[mapserver-users] question regarding postgis

Nicolas Boretos nicolasb at maich.gr
Fri Sep 6 03:07:41 EDT 2002

> Thanks Norman. Two questions:
>
> - Do you have any experience in running MapServer CGI (native Windows)
> alongside PostGIS (cygwin), or should both be compiled under Cygwin?
>
> - Do you have pointers to the Native Win32 distribution? I thougt it was
> still experimental.
>

> Jan

Hi,
FWIW, postgis/native 2in32 pgsql seem initially not to have any problem
in the basic testing that I am now doing; meaning no crashes and such.
While feature display works without a problem (Itasca demo), what I did
notice though was an "pg_recv buff" error when trying to download a GML
from the results of a query.
It seems that this might be a problem only when using Tcl with the
above, as some similar report has been filed on the pgsql lists.

Does GML work ok with postgis in other applications?

regards,
nicolas boretos