[mapserver-users] problems when requesting for feature info i n gml format

Tom.Kralidis at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca Tom.Kralidis at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Sep 9 22:08:42 EDT 2002

Steve / MapServer developers,

w.r.t. this thread, should we start thinking MapServer support for
publishing schemas for features  in GML.2 (or DTDs for GML.1)?  Especially
useful for the forthcoming WFS support in MapServer.

Perhaps:

- a 'shpschema' and / or 'shpdtd' tool which generates an XML schema file

- then, in the .map file, a directive

DTDPATH=/path/to/dtd/dir # for GML.1
SCHEMAPATH=/path/to/schema/dir # for GML.2

..so when a WMS GetFeatureInfo is called, a valid GML document is published.

Thoughts?

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist
Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
Tel: (613) 947-1828
http://www.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca/

tFeatureInfo&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=388014.0,5200400.0,500802.0,5313160.0&WIDTH=
800&HEIGHT=400&FORMAT=image/gif&LAYERS=lakespy2&STYLES=default&TRANSPARENT=T
RUE&QUERY_LAYERS=lakespy2&X=274&Y=192