[mapserver-users] ask error

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Sep 10 13:57:26 EDT 2002

Please not that I will be releasing a new version of the demo shortly
(later this week). It does away with this problem by using png instead
of gif initially since png is more likely to be supported.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 09/07/02 09:51PM >>>
Look in your map file, you have a layer "ctyrdln3_anno" that uses
symbols/ctyhwy.gif which does not exist on your system. Do you have a
version of this file as a png? If so change it to point the the png.

>From you other message, you will need to convert all your gif to png
files if you mapserver does not support gif files.

Find your mapserv executable and type mapserv -v to see what formats
it supports.

-Steve